Many Iowans with felony convictions are now eligible to vote!
Governor Reynolds signed Executive Order 7 restoring the right to vote for many Iowans convicted of felonies.
You are eligible to vote if:
- You are no longer incarcerated and have discharged/completed your sentence (including probation, parole, supervised release, and completion of any special sentence).
- You were not convicted of a felony under Iowa Code Chapter 707.
- You are a US Citizen and an Iowa Resident.
How do I register?
- By Mail: Visit the Johnson County Auditor’s website for voting registration form and more information: Print a voter registration form from and return by mail or in person. If you can’t print a form, Inside Out has them at our office, or call the Johnson County Auditor’s office at 319-356-6004 and they will mail one to you.
- Online: If you have a current Iowa driver’s license or non-operator ID, you can register through the Iowa Department of Transportation online.
Questions? Call the Johnson County Auditor’s office at 319-356-6004.