Approximately 95% of current prison inmates in Iowa will be reentering society. The American Bar Association estimates that people returning to their communities after incarceration face nearly 40,000 different barriers to success.
Inside Out Reentry Community is based in Iowa City and serves people returning to Johnson County after incarceration. We also work with individuals incarcerated throughout the State to help them develop re-entry plans, regardless of where they plan to live after release. Returning to and becoming an active member of society after being in prison is tough, and we strive to give these individuals every possible chance to build productive lives. Our entire community benefits when a returnee finds work, a place to live, and becomes a positive, contributing citizen.
The Inside Out Reentry Community is made possible with assistance from:
- AmeriCorps – Each One Reach One
- American Baptist Foundation: Palmer Trust Grant. Seek Justice. Is. 1:17
- Spirit of Christ f/k/a First Baptist Church Iowa City Restorative Justice Ministry
- Community Foundation of Johnson County (2016, 2017 & 2018 Grant recipient)
- Johnson County Social Services and City of Iowa City Grant Funding